Thursday, November 13, 2008

"Blood is a big expense."















I was never a little girl, so I can't confirm the claim that the almost-life-size S'mores FurReal pony from Hasbro will truly "fulfill every little girl's dream of having her very own pony."

My wife and I were walking through Costco the other day when we came upon the 3-foot-tall animatronic beast. It's a bit frightening in person, but the best part is the caution on the side, which reads: "Assemble completely before giving to a child."

I have this mental image of a dad who didn't read the warning not understanding why his daughter woke up screaming on Christmas morning when she found the pony's head in bed next to her. Honestly, who would give their kid pony parts?

P.S.--There's a similar toy for boys, but it's a triceratops, because every little boy dreams of having his very own dinosaur. And that I can confirm.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I feel so blessed that my girls have no interest in the thing. Where would you keep such a creature? Oh, and it will only cost you an arm and a leg.

Adam Loveridge said...

I saw this today. Freaky thing, Tina's cousin's daughter was given one by her (the cousin's daughter's) uncle. A little creepy.

Andrea Rooks said...

I agree that the pony thing is totally creepy! I jumped a little when I saw its eyes move as I walked by it in Costco.

PS I was a little girl once, and I never wanted a pony. A triceratops, however...!

josh said...

I've often dreamt of having just a triceratops head for a toy.

Ryan McKee said...

I'm all for triceratops. I always wanted one that was fully operational and functional, swinging spike tail and all. It would have come in handy now as I just chased a raccoon out of my house. For reals.