Wednesday, July 9, 2008

No, Really, Summer is for Blogging

A couple weeks back, I declared that I post too infrequently on this blog. Then I promptly continued to not post on this blog.
So, in the true spirit of pressing forward or stabbing westward or whatever, I'm diligently adding another chapter to the chronicle.
Actually, this post will serve as more of a window into other sites that occupy my time, and will thereby also serve as more of window into my soul.
Late last year, I began another blog, a secret blog, on which I keep track of typos I find in books I read. I've kept it mostly under wraps for a while, mainly because most of the books I read are fantasy novels aimed at young adults. If you ask me what I'm reading now, I'll probably tell you The Bottom Billion: Why the Poorest Countries are Failing and What Can Be Done About It by Oxford Professor of Economics Paul Collier, which is technically true, but for every two pages I progress in that book, I read approximately three other books in which the main character discovers he has magical abilities, befriends some sort of talking animal or inanimate object, or both.
Anyway, you can find my other blog at Book Typos. It's not perfect, so don't think you're clever pointing out mistakes on my blog pointing out other people's mistakes.
My other recent find is GoodReads, on which you can track what books I've read, am reading, and plan to read, as well as all of that information for various friends of mine. You should join up, too. It's like LibraryThing meets some social networking site that I won't name here.
And if you do checkout my reading proclivities, please don't make fun of me for plowing through the Twilight series.

3 comments:

Andrea Rooks said...

Well, I certainly can't ridicule your taste for young adult fiction, not after reading (and enjoying) "I'd tell you I love you, but then I'd have to kill you."

Up On the Hill said...

My nieces emailed today to invite me go with them to the midnight release of Breaking Dawn . . . they are 13 and 15. What does that say about me that they think I'd be interested in going???

And I also enjoy goodreads! See if you can get Sarah to join!

Anonymous said...

Ryan!! Are you serious? Ryan Miller!! (oh, is that secret? oops) :) I can't believe you just wrote a post on my blog and said "oh by the way - HI"!! And I just read the comment today... don't think I was ignoring you!

Wow, good to hear from you. You have a baby!! Seems like we were just at your masquerade wedding! So fun to read your blog and get updated about you three. I will have to check out the Rooks' blog too!

I'm glad you found my blog and made a comment. When I remember you I get a big smile on my face and I imagine you saying my name in funny ways...

love,
Meowkenzie