Monday, December 17, 2007

Hattie's 6-Month Birthday

To celebrate Hattie's 6-month birthday we had our friends the Rookses and the Lundeens over to enjoy some food, wine, and my favorite Christmas movie, White Christmas. Natalie, Soren, and Hattie enjoyed crawling around and playing together (or at least near each other). In honor of the movie, I created an all-white menu. Sorry, no pictures this time. We enjoyed gorgonzola and carmelized onion tartlets, Italian white bean and sausage soup, bread, salad (technically that was green), white wine, and hard apple cider. For dessert: rum balls (which I rolled in powdered sugar), hot cider, and mulled wine. The food was not as striking as our all-black Halloween menu, but it was just as tasty!


Andrea made Hattie an adorable hat for her birthday. I had mentioned the other day that Ryan wanted Hattie to have a hat with ear flaps. My talented friend went home and invented a pattern for one, complete with ties that have become Hattie's new favorite chew toy. Thank you Andrea!

6 comments:

Andrea Rooks said...

Yay! You are so very welcome -- I thoroughly enjoyed making the hat for Hats :)

The evening was a wonderful way to relax and enjoy all the best things about Christmas with friendamily...

Andrea Rooks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea Rooks said...

(I accidentally published the same comment twice, so I deleted it! Sorry!)

grandmasue said...

You ought to be in pictures my dear little!
And...Andrea ought to go into the baby hat making business!!!
You both have a grand future!

Umma Sue

Anonymous said...

Holy crap she's cute! I just heard from Andrea that you procreated, and saw your blog link on her blog. Had to check it out! Congratulations on your wonderful family! Just one question ... does Hattie wear Hawaiian shirts on Friday too?

Gombojav Tribe said...

You are such a fun chef! So creative! I love it!!!

And I cannot believe she is six months old already!!! (Time for you to become a Bradley instructor?)